Physics 1304 - Solar System
- Physics 1304 Syllabus
- Physics 1304 Spring 2020 Schedule
- Physics 1304 Spring 2020 First Day Handout
- Homework Hints (Student Access with Password Only)
- Lesson Outlines (Protected)
- PowerPoint Presentations (Student Access with Password Only)
- Worksheets (Student Access with Password Only)
- Daily log for Physics 1304 class
- The course is based on the study of our sun, the planets within our solar system and other cosmic entities.
The origin of the solar system will also be investigated. Cross-listed as ASTR 1304.
- Measurable Learning Outcomes:
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able:
to develop a general idea of the basic structure of the universe;
to define fundamental astronomical terms;
to explain the relationship between the earth’s rotation and celestial coordinates;
to discuss the earth’s age, origin, evolution, and structure. To describe gravitational force;
to describe the general structure of the solar system;
to describe the structure of the sun and how it produces energy; and,
to describe the arrangement, structure, and compositions of the solar system, including the sun, planets, and non-planetary bodies.